I am currently reading a biography of Erma Bombeck! This excerpt from one of her writings really got me to thinking about what I can do differently to be a better steward of the time God gives me to live life. Here it is:
I always had a dream that when I am asked to give an accounting of my life to a higher court, it will go like this: "So empty your pockets. What have you got left of your life? Any dreams that were unfulfilled? Any unused talent that was given you when you were born that you still have left? Any unsaid compliments or bits of love that you haven't spread around?"
And I will answer, "I have nothing to return. I spent everything you gave me. I'm as naked as the day I was born."
Erma Bombeck
Remember as we go about our daily busy schedules and duties to not forget the small stuff. Opening a door for someone. Picking up something somebody dropped. Saying thank you once in a while. Offering a smile to a stranger in greeting. It is these little things that can just change an outlook for the day. Jesus did say " Do unto other as you would have done unto you" and "Unto the least of these my brethren". At the end of my life's journey I want to be able to say I used all of the talents God gave me to the best of my ability.
I leave you with another thought-
It is only just a minute, but it is how you use or abuse it that matters!
Until next time everyone!
Chins up, smiles on:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment